Saturday, April 28, 2007
Isaac has been fairly stable since the last blog post. He has several infections in his blood from the IV lines, so all lines except the femoral line have been pulled & a new catheter put over a wire in the femoral site until a new access site an be established. He is also on three antibiotics for the infections. There have been no more seizures since being put on medication for it, and the spinal tap came back clean.
The main goal right now is to extubate him hopefully on Monday. If he is not successful with extubation, we will give him a trach soon after. Whether he's extubated or trached, we're eager to get the ET tube out of him and hopefully speed up the recovery process. At least we'll be one step closer to holding him again.
Please pray for a successful extubation. Thanks!