No news yet on the EEG results nor the cultures taken yesterday. We hope nothing grows in the cultures & our boy will be infection-free. Thankfully, Isaac has not had anymore behavioral quirks since Monday night. The EEG results will confirm whether it was in fact seizure activity or our boy simply throwing us for a loop once again.
Something major for us all to be praying about: if Isaac continues to thrive with the new vent settings, the medical team hopes to attempt extubation this Saturday! This would be a huge step for our son if successful. We're just thrilled to even be considering this. For this to successfully occur, Isaac's left vocal chord needs to be functioning again, his pharynx supporting itself (it was collapsed at the last attempt), & for his diaphragm to be able to pull in full breathes consistently on his own. Should this not be successful, two surgical options remain: placate the left side of his diaphragm or perform a tracheostomy.
Join us in praying for our sweet boy - that Saturday would hold a successful extubation & that he won't need to be re-intubated due to fatigue.